These Days Just Having A Website Is Not Enough
So, how do you make your website more valuable in the eyes of your customers and the search engines? When you start a business online it’s easy to get sidetracked by great graphics, buttons in the right places and a backend that actually works. Of course, all these things are important. It can be such a relief to get to the stage where your website looks amazing, it’s easy to navigate and your visitors can click buttons to buy your products. It would be easy (but foolish) to sit back and admire your work.
The Challenge of Search Engine Rankings
As the Internet constantly evolves and consumer’s choices and habits morph, the major search engines such as Google tweak their search engine algorithms in an effort to provide the most reliable results. The way a website can achieve naturally high ranking in searches also changes as a result. Studies show that almost 75% of Internet users only consider the first page of results in a search. If you wind up on page 2 of results, it is almost as if you didn’t exist at all. So how do you ensure high rankings? The answer is simply to please Google and the other most popular sites on the Internet. You really have no other choice (besides spending a fortune on ads). As social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter become more important, so do the connections between your website and these social media powerhouses.
The Most Popular (Viewed / Searched) Sites
According to http://mostpopularwebsites.net/ the top 3 most popular sites on the Internet in rank order are:
WikiPedia comes in at 6, and Twitter and LinkedIn are 10 and 14 respectively. So, what is the answer? What is the solution that is most effective at search optimizing your content or website? The best solution of course is a combination of efforts including high quality blogs.
Blog Content Should be a Main Component of Any Search Optimization Campaign
As the Internet becomes flooded with information, articles, blogs and others, the quality of what your website publishes is becoming more critical by the day. Quality is king. Information not only has to educate and inform, it has to be highly readable and entertaining to the public at large.
- Clear, informative content is what makes a difference.
- Quality Content makes your website trustworthy
- Quality Content makes your website valuable to the consumer
- Quality Content gives your website authority
The best blogging platform is WordPress. Over 400 million people view more than 3.5 billion pages each month on WordPress. It is a highly customizable, easy to use content management system which is often leveraged for search optimization.
SEO Blogging Tips
- Key Words – Use key words in the title of the blog, in your category names and in your page URL names. The key words are used by search engine and directory spiders when they crawl your site and are used to rank your article in the search results page.
- In Bound Anchor Text – Limit your use of inbound links to your site to 1 per blog and make sure that the anchor text is clear and to the point. For instance: (fake link, does not work) This is a link to xyz company…is normal link anchor text. It names the company and is easily read and professional. However, in the next example the anchor text is used as spam. Example (link does not work): Link to BUY MALE ENHANCEMENT PILLS my company.Spamming your anchor text can cause your ranking to drop in Google.
- Frequent Updates – Updating your content frequently causes the spider to crawl your site more often which can keep you at the top of the listings in search engines.
Add a call to action and a link or submission form at the end of the article. Just publishing your article can help your search rankings but if your goal is new clients and sales then you need a link to a ‘landing page’ where new clients can sign up or buy your goods and services. See the example below. Writing a high quality blog is effective as one of many tools that we use to promote ourselves and our clients. Our methodology works and combines a variety of social media options, website code adjustments, and blogging with great results. For more information or to contact us to manage a search optimization campaign for you click on the link below. Click HERE to improve your search ranking and online presence with the help of professional online search strategists. This article was written by Chris Harleep HQ Blog writer and Richard Lewis at Augur Marketing.